THE WOODBURY HALL
In 1880 the Woodbury Domain was established and in 1911 the Woodbury hall was built to celebrate the coronation. Over the years, various extensions have been made to the hall using timber cut from trees planted in the domain by the pioneers. It is now one of the biggest country halls in New Zealand and is widely used by the community.
The hall is suitable for wedding receptions, funerals, family gatherings, parties and dances. It has been used by the local Dramatic Society for their plays, and also by the local school for end-of -year shows, the annual flower show, pet day. It has a capacity of 240 people.
The hall has a large main area (550 sq metres) complete with a stage, piano and three log burners for heating The wood is supplied as part of the hire charge . The kitchen is large and equipped with three full stoves, a commercial steriliser, two refrigerators, one with a freezer and a microwave oven. There is a large food preparation area. It has enough crockery and cutlery for providing supper for 240 guests. At one end of the hall there is a bar with outside access. In the bar there are 2 small refrigerators. Glasses are not supplied, but these can usually be hired where you buy the drinks.