Woodbury Hall and Domain

 

Xhtml CSS Menu by Css3Menu.com

Woodbury Hall

 

In  1880 the Woodbury Domain was established  and in 1911 the Woodbury hall was built to celebrate the coronation. Over the years, various extensions have been made to the hall using timber cut from trees planted in the domain by the pioneers. It is now one of the biggest country halls in New Zealand and is widely used by the community.

The hall is suitable for wedding receptions, parties and dances. It has been used by the local Dramatic Society for their plays, and also by the local school for end-of -year shows as well as the annual flower show. It has a capacity of 240 people.

The hall has a large main area  (550 sq metres) complete with a stage and piano and three log burners for heating The wood is supplied as part of the hire charge . The kitchen is large and equipped with three full stoves, a commercial dishwasher, two refrigerators, one with a freezer and a microwave oven. There is a large food preparation area.  It has enough crockery and cutlery for providing supper for 240 guests. At one end of the hall there is a bar with outside access. In the bar there are 2 small refrigerators. Glasses are not supplied, but these can usually be hired where you buy the drinks.

 

Check availability of hire here

Exterior of hall (click on photo to enlarge)
 
Interior of hall (click on photo to enlarge)

A function at the hall Hall set up for a wedding

Decorated for a wedding

Interior of hall from main entrance Main body of hall Looking towards kitchen Log burner with stage and piano
Looking towards main entrance showing new soundproofing and curtain New timber concertina doors Soundproofing and window blinds Round table and chairs

Three stoves in kitchen Sink area and zip water heater Food preparation area Large kitchen with 2 refrigerators

  Crockery Cups Cutlery, carafes and jugs
   
  Interior of bar Bar Area with hatch open